[stockItemGUID] => 0d05eafb-f510-48d4-945c-13c128473deb
[stockNo] => DM
[stockItem] => Divemaster
Divemaster Course with BARRIE SCUBA HOUSE
Do you have a deep
and abiding passion for diving? Or, do you merely love it with all of your
heart? If so, you should consider doing what you love for a living; that's right
be paid to do what you love: become a PADI Divemaster. When you Join the Tribe™
by becoming a PADI Divemaster, you align yourself with the largest and most
respected dive tribe in the world—that of PADI Professionals. These are PADI
Divemasters and Instructors sharing a passion for diving and an active concern
for the health of the world’s underwater habitats.
PADI Divemaster Course
Looking for the first step in working withscuba as a career? Your
adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with
the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this
program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional
level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying
you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant
Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills
through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and
stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to
organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put
this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of
practical training exercises.
As you progress through your Divemaster course, you will expand your
diving knowledge, hone you skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI
Divemaster, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other
divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the
the acquatic realm.
What You Can Teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised
Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training
dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for
Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily
completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an
Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by
planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct
the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor
rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour
portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two
student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a
PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a
Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student
or buddy team)
At a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your
professional diver education.
The Scuba Gear You Use
- You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such
as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc.
- It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment,
as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Divemaster crewpak includes:
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Instructor Manual
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving - a comprehensive overview of
diving physics, physiology, and equipment
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI Professional Log
- DSD Cue Cards
- PADI Pro Bag
- PADI Divemaster Application package
There are other required materials that a Divemaster Candidate will need
but may have received them during other PADI programs so they have not been
included in the Divemaster Crew-Pak. Please ask your PADI Instructor for the
full list of required materials that you will need for the program.
You also have the option to take Divemaster Online.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact BARRIE SCUBA
HOUSE. Otherwise, you can sign up today online.
To take this course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI Rescue Diver
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from
another organisation) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a
physician within the last 12 months.
Other Courses That Will Prepare You
for Success as a PADI Divemaster
Here are some suggestions for other PADI courses that will help make you
more successful as a PADI Divemaster:
- Search and Recovery (Highly recommended)
- Deep Diver (Highly recommended)
- Dive Theory Online
- Boat Diver
- Coral Reef Conservation
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Emergency First Response
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air Diver
- Equipment Specialist
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigation
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with
one of the BARRIE SCUBA HOUSE Team members.
[slug] => divemaster-3478
[stockType] => stdClass Object
[id] => 3
[desc] => Courses
[slug] => courses
[manufacturer] => stdClass Object
[id] => 2
[desc] => PADI
[slug] => padi
[qtyCanBeChanged] => 1
[images] => Array
 => https://usfiles.evediving.com/store/8390/StoreFiles/ProductImages/PADI/Courses/250x250/Dive Master Final.png
[bannerPos] => 1
[price] => 0
[tax] => 0
[usualPrice] => 0
[usualTax] => 0
[taxInfo] => 2@13
[savePercent] => 0
[displayOrder] => 999999999
[clickActionID] => 7
[shippingRequired] => 1
[weight] => 0
[outOfStockItemsCanBeSold] => 1