The Fun Part
Learning to dive is incredible! To breathe underwater for the first time is something you'll never forget. Discover new adventures or simply see the wonderous world beneath the waves. Learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you'll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites such as Lake Simcoe or Georgian Bay under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- 1. Knowledge Development (either eLearning or classroom format) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- 2. Confined Water Dives in our on-site heated salt water pool to learn basic scuba skills
- 3. Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore! These dives are scheduled at a later date.
The Scuba Gear You Use
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer and standard scuba accessories. The equipment you wear will be chosen by a BARRIE SCUBA HOUSE representative to ensure your comfort throughout the course.
Various Learning Materials for How You Learn
PADI offers eLearning that you can do from the comfort of your home on your desktop, laptop or mobile phone.
Contact BARRIE SCUBA HOUSE to personalize the best study option for you!
- No diving experience necessary
- Minimum age: 15 (Those younger than 15 can partake in PADI's Junior Open Water course)
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop any style
- Able to tread water for 10 minutes
- Complete a medical statement
- All SCUBA equipment (BCD, regulator, tanks, weights, dive computer) for your Confined Water (pool) portion is included with course fee. However rental equipment (wetsuit, hoods and gloves) for Open Water portion is NOT included with course fee but can be rented separately.
- 4 Open Water dives are included in the course fee (to be scheduled & completed at a later date)
- Certification card
- Open Water Manual, Dive Computer Simulator, log book, student record file
Personal gear - mask, fins & snorkel
Rental equipment (wetsuit, hood, gloves, boots, tanks, airfills, bcd, regs etc.) for your 4 Open Water Dives are not included with course fee but are rented as a package to students for $150